- When you are getting fitted for your tux, it should fit comfortably at the neck and shoulders. So make sure to sit and stand at the fitting as well as button and unbutton the jacket.
- About 1/4 to 1/2 of the shirt's cuff should show below the jacket sleeve.
- Same as the jacket, the pants should fit comfortably and button easily. Make sure to sit in the pants during your fitting.
- If wearing a vest, the buttons should line up with your jacket front and should button comfortably across the chest.
- Consider renting shoes from the formalwear location, make sure to try the shoes on later in the day, like after work in case your feet have a tendency to swell. It's better to have loose shoes than tight-fitting shoes.
- Don't use clip-on ties! If you are purchasing or renting a tie, make sure to try it on so that it fits sung around the collar.
Until next time...WEDologize!
(photo by Rush Productions)